FAQs Going To The Movies
Frequently Asked Questions: Going To The Movies
- When a movie is currently available at one of our locations, it will appear on our webpage Now Playing (under Movies on the Marcus Theatres main page).
- Showtimes and film availability at specific locations may change on a daily basis. Our theatres typically book their show schedules weekly on Tuesdays. A new show schedule valid for Friday through the weekend should be out Tuesday afternoon, or at the latest, Wednesday evening. The remaining days should be posted by Friday evenings. All showtimes are subject to change.
- Movies that are listed under Coming Soon (also found under Movies on the Marcus Theatres main page) will typically be available in the coming days or weeks.
- All Special Events can be found under our Event Cinema page.
- If you need to purchase a ticket for a current or future show time, visit the location’s box office or kiosk to make a purchase. We accept several different forms of payment including: Cash, Credit/Debit (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), Marcus Theatres Gift Cards, Discount Movie Tickets (see pass details for restrictions) and MoviePass. (Visit moviepass.com for details. Marcus Theatres does not support MoviePass, but does accept it as a payment form).
- To redeem online tickets from the Marcus Theatres mobile app or Fandango, simply bring your QR Code or confirmation number to the box office, kiosk or ticket attendant. On the Marcus Theatres app, your QR code or confirmation number will be found under “My Tickets” on the Main Menu. On Fandango, you will be instructed on how to access your confirmation number/redemption barcode upon purchase.
- Before entering your assigned auditorium, please make sure that your tickets have been ripped by one of our associates, either at the box office, ticket ripping station or concession stand.
What time does my local theatre open?
Marcus Theatres has a policy of opening a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the first showing of the day. This allows sufficient time for our guests to obtain access to our facilities and redeem or purchase tickets and concessions. Theatre management at their discretion may open the facility earlier in the event they deem such action to be necessary.
Purchased from location box office or Marcus Theatres mobile app: Refunds can only be provided before the showtime at the location box office in which the tickets were purchased. Unfortunately, refunds cannot be provided after the showtime.
Purchased from MarcusTheatres.com via Fandango: You can contact Fandango at 866-857-5191 for a refund before the showtime.
For extenuating circumstances, please consult theatre management by contacting your local theater. If you need assistance finding the box office phone number, please see our location contact listing
If you are unable to reach the location Box Office or speak with theatre management, you may call 844-363-2840 (Option 4for General Guest Services) Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. You may also email Marcus Theatres at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marcus Theatres strives to provide the ultimate moviegoing experience to all customers. Closed captioning, descriptive narration and assistive listening devices are available at most theatres to make the experience accessible to our deaf, hard of hearing, blind and visually impaired moviegoers.
Assistive Technology Devices are available for showtimes and films that are encoded with captions or descriptions, upon request from the theatre box office for no charge.
For large parties, please call the theatre in advance to secure the appropriate number of devices. For more details, visit the section on Accessibility Devices.
What do the rating symbols mean?
I am under the age of 17 and would like to see a Rated R movie. How can I make this happen?
If a minor is under the age of 17 and will not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (must provide proof of legal guardianship), their parent or legal guardian must fill out a form at the box office giving permission for them to see the film. During this process, the minor(s) being signed in must be present with the parent or guardian and will have their hands stamped upon entering. Additionally, the parent or guardian must provide their contact information on the form so that we can reach them if any issues arise in the auditorium. This form applies for advance tickets and direct purchases at the box office.
Child Ticket Policy: Children ages 3 to 11 are eligible for child pricing. Children under the age of 3 may not occupy their own reserved seat and must be accompanied by an adult. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children to R-rated films, therefore child pricing does not apply for R-rated movies. Children under the age of 6 are not admitted to R-rated films at any time. For more details, see our Ratings Policies.
How do I use a Marcus Theatres Gift Card to purchase tickets?
Marcus Theatres Gift cards are redeemable at any Marcus Theatres location. Gift cards and e-gift cards issued with a PIN can be redeemed online or through our Marcus Theatres app. If your gift card does not have PIN, you can redeem your gift card at any Marcus Theatres location. Visit your local box office, our Online Gift Store or the Gift Card FAQ section to learn more.
Does your popcorn contain peanut/tree nut products?
Our popcorn, and all of the related food items (salt, popping oil and buttery topping) does not contain any peanut or tree nut products.
Is your Popcorn Gluten Free, Dairy Free and/or Vegan?
Our popcorn, and all of the related food items (salt, popping oil and buttery topping) are dairy free and gluten free. Unfortunately we cannot call the products Vegan, solely because we are not sure if the Flavorcol brand salt we use is processed in a Vegan-friendly environment. Other than that, the product itself does not contain dairy.
Have questions about group sales, advertising, or dontations? Customer Care service is available 9AM - 5PM on normal business days. Call (844) 363-2840.
Contact your Theatre
Looking for lost & found items or Theatre location specific information? Contact your local theatre.
View Phone Listing.
Share your experience!
Share your feedback and let us know how we're doing.Take Survey